Wednesday

Kinetic Type- Continued (The Girl Effect)



Just was told of this new video that was played on Oprah today. Normally I wouldn't jump to watch but it moved my friend enough to convince me to watch- Thank you. The video is a 2min Ad promoting a new foundation called "The Girl Effect"- girleffect.org.
As it turns out, the video makes great use of "Kinetic Typography" which I had a post on earlier last month. The beauty in this version is it's simplicity. Type, music, and motion. Where some of my other cited examples of Kinetic Typography have used strong VO's and heavy graphics to communicate, this conversely, draws it's power through subtlety.
Did a quick search and found out that the campaign is by W+K for Nike (check out the credits here). Curious to see what kind of further attention this will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment